- Inventorise the items you are packing and storing – for an inventory template, click here. This will help you to find an item if you are looking for an individual item while it is in storage or when unloading
- Load larger and heavier items on the bottom – this will help to create a stable base. Put heavy items into smaller boxes for easier lifting.
- Distribute the weight evenly throughout your TAXIBOX.
- Put as much as you can into boxes. Boxes provide greater protection for your belongings and will make loading and unloading your TAXIBOX easier. Fill each box to its capacity, using packing paper or fillers to eliminate empty spaces.
- Tape the bottom of each box for added strength. Label boxes on all sides to make unpacking easier.
- Metal items should be wiped with a rag dipped in oil to protect them from rust.
- Fragile items should be packed using paper, bubble wrap and/or foam in boxes designed for these items (i.e. with dividers) and boxes should be labelledas fragile. This will help when unloading.
- Use silica gel or similar products to prevent damage where appropriate.
- For glass items or mirrors, store on end, not flat where applicable. Be extra careful that these items don’t move during transit by carefully restricting their movement using the correct packing materials.
- Do not store any prohibited items – for a list of prohibited items, click here.
|Large Electronic Items
|Clothing, Curtains, Drapes
If you have any questions about packing materials, feel free to call us on 1300 87-60-87 or email us here.
Remember that we can provide packing materials to you with free delivery when you order your TAXIBOX. For a list and prices of our packing materials, please click here.